Header

Welcome!


From street foods of New York City to meals cooked by me and my wife, Into the Mouth of Corbo will will be a place to review and share the delicious foods that I am eating.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cupcake Crew

There are few people who can say they’ve never had a cupcake.  Birthday parties, bake sales or my favorite excuse…Just Because! But I can assure you, you’ve never had cupcakes like the ones from the newest food truck, Cupcake Crew.­ They may have the typical flavors like chocolate cake with vanilla icing but it is their new and unique flavor combinations that they are using to make a name for themselves.  I have made numerous trips to the Cupcake Crew truck and have had a lot of their flavors so I cannot tell you about each and every one.  But take my word and if I haven’t mentioned a specific flavor that you were hoping for, that doesn’t mean it isn’t available.

One thing that really helps Cupcake Crew stand apart is their offering of both regular and mini size cupcakes.  The minis are the perfect bite of cupcake; well balanced with the perfect amount of icing to cake.  And just to stress how good these cupcakes are, I don’t just pop it in my mouth to enjoy.  I take my time.  At least 2 or three bites to really let all of the flavors soak in.  Don’t even get me started on how long it takes me to eat a regular size cupcake.  The flavors are so delicate but also spot on.  I honestly have not had a cupcake that I haven’t enjoyed.  And if I haven’t given you enough reasons yet to hunt down the truck, I just hosted a party at my office which was catered with 3 dozen minis from Cupcake Crew.  Every single one of my coworkers fell instantly in love and can’t wait to find the truck and introduce their friends and family to them.

The Cupcakes:
Banana Hummingbird, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Almond Joy, Fluffernutter, Cookies N’ Cream, Boston Cream and who could forget Cousin Vinny.  This list doesn’t even begin to do the overwhelming menu justice.  I make sure that I check Twitter every day to see what new flavors are available.  Of course there are the standards like Chocolate w/ Vanilla icing or Red Velvet (and these are also deliciously amazing) but that is not why I go back over and over. 

I can’t go into describing the intricate nature of each cupcake but take my word, I know cupcakes….and these are amazing.  If you get to the truck and any of the options for that day contain the peanut butter icing, GET IT.  This isn’t a fake, over-processed flavoring.  This is the real deal.  My absolute favorite cupcake to date is the Fluffernutter: Vanilla cake with PB icing.  But it doesn’t end there.  You’re asking where’s the fluff?  It is injected INTO the cupcake.  I know! I can’t believe it either!  One of my other suggestions would be the Cookies N’ Cream.  Bits of Oreo cookies mixed into the cake batter become soft to the bite but filled with great flavor.  Interested in the Cousin Vinny?  I was too…but what is the fun in giving away all of the fun secrets.  Track down the truck and check it out!  I’ll give you a hint…Think cannoli.
And to make the whole experience even better is that the man behind all of these delicious cupcakes, Frankie, is so friendly and so excited to be handing out these treats that you really feel great about the whole transaction.  Sure, you’re paying him, but I can guarantee that if you ran into him on the street you’d receive the same reaction.  There is truly a passion and you can taste it.




--------------------------------------------
Cupcake Crew
Twitter: @CupcakeCrewNYC
Facebook: Cupcake Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment