Header

Welcome!


From street foods of New York City to meals cooked by me and my wife, Into the Mouth of Corbo will will be a place to review and share the delicious foods that I am eating.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Frites 'N' Meats



Craving a burger and want to avoid the inevitable guilt and depression from fast food? Jump on Twitter and track down the Frites 'N' Meats truck. Offering up a choice of two types of beef burgers (Grass-fed Angus or Wagyu - American Kobe) a delicious assortment of toppings and Belgian fries (with an equally impressive list of dipping sauces), this truck has perfected the hamburger. (They also offer a steak sandwich but I have yet to try it.) I have made numerous trips now and each burger stands above all other competition. Perfection was only made more amazing when I became the lucky winner for the month of October! My prize? FREE burgers and fries for a whole month!! That's a burger a day for 31 days! My only wish was that the truck came closer to work so that I really could take advantage of my winnings more often. I still can't complain that twice a week I get to treat myself to the Frites 'N' Meats truck. Now, let's get to the burgers.

First, we have the Angus burger with cheddar cheese, mesclun greens, garlicky guacamole and bacon on a Brioche bun. A simple burger in writing but the flavor was anything but simple. All of the burgers are cooked to order and their meat is cooked to a beautiful medium rare; the way all burgers should be. There is such a powerful beefy flavor that keeps me coming back for more. The brioche bun is light with a little sweetness and pairs nicely with the beef. The delicious applewood-smoked bacon is thick cut and perfectly portioned on top of the burger. As for the guacamole, it was a little thinner than I would have imagined, leading to a less the prominent flavor, but nonetheless satisfying. The fries are handcut and double fried and consistently raved about on Twitter but I feel like they don't live up to the hype. Are they delicious and crispy and a perfect accompany to the burger? Absolutely!! But I just am more preferential to a thick steak fry, that's all. I also sampled the horseradish aioli with the fries. My only regret there was that I didn't try it out sooner to add it to my burger directly. I love the combination of beef and horseradish.

My second burger was practically the same thing but with savory onion jam instead of the guacamole. This had been the best decision I had made that day. A nice thick coating of the onion jam was spread around so you got a taste with every bite. I highly recommend this jam even if you don't like onions on your burger.

The last burger I will mention was the burger of the week. This week's: The Marital Bliss Burger.
A Wagyu burger with cream cheese, jalepenos and bacon. I know what you're thinking…cream cheese on a burger? Believe me, I was thinking the same thing. I almost didn't order it for that exact reason. But I am so glad that I did. The cream cheese slightly melted and added a smooth, creamy consistency. It was not over powering but quite the opposite. Absolutely delicious. Sadly, the jalepenos were a little scarce. I only found a couple cubes. If they had been a little more prevalent, the heat would have nicely balanced out the salty of the cheese and bacon. And who can complain when you get a lollipop too?! But I definitely added a new condiment for the next time I decide to throw a couple of patties on the grill. Thanks Frites 'N' Meats!



--------------------------------------
Frites 'N' Meats
Website: www.fritesnmeats.com
Twitter: @Fritesnmeats
Facebook: Frites N Meats

No comments:

Post a Comment