Header

Welcome!


From street foods of New York City to meals cooked by me and my wife, Into the Mouth of Corbo will will be a place to review and share the delicious foods that I am eating.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wafels & Dinges

Welcome to my very first post on Into the Mouth of Corbo. Not only is this my first posting, but it is also my first time using a new app for my iPhone, BlogPress. I will start off tonight with my more recent tastings but slowly I will post some of my older ones. So let's get started.

Yesterday, on my lunch break, I decided to check out Madison Square Market in Madison Square Park. I had walked by a couple of weeks ago but they were only setting up.



There is a small section dedicated to food vendors right on Broadway. There were so many different places that it is impossible to list but know that there is something to meet everybody's taste. I really wasn't looking for anything specific but I was really craving something sweet. There were some cookies at a couple of the stands, one place had some crepes (stay tuned) but then I saw it...calling to me from the corner...Wafels & Dinges! aka The Waffle Truck. I have always seen them around the city and read a lot about them on Twitter, but I was never able to take advantage of it.





For those of you that haven't heard of Wafels & Dinges, they offer up 2 styles of waffles with a delicious spread of toppings from the obvious whipped cream and fruit to BBQ pulled pork. I stood there like a deer in headlights, staring at the arrangement of toppings (dinges) and waffles while the person in front of me finished up their order. "Next!" the girl called as my smile and eyes got bigger. Noticing that this was obviously my first visit, I was shown all of my options until I settled on the warm Belgium chocolate. Now let me tell you, it was the best waffle I have ever eaten.





The proportions of chocolate to waffle were perfect. It was warm and chewy and COVERED IN CHOCOLATE!  The only problem I had was holding back the urge to throw away the fork and dive in face first. Well done Wafels & Dinges!  You not only have solidified me as a repeat visitor, but rest assured that I won't let a day go by that I don't try to recruit more waffle lovers.

--------------------------------------
Wafels & Dinges
Website: www.wafelsanddinges.com
Twitter: @WaffleTruck
Facebook: Wafels & Dinges

1 comment: