Header

Welcome!


From street foods of New York City to meals cooked by me and my wife, Into the Mouth of Corbo will will be a place to review and share the delicious foods that I am eating.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Cooking at Home - Beef Empanadas

Before I start off, I've decided that for the posts I put up about food I've made at home, I will not be posting the recipes. Not to keep them secret but more for the readability of the blog. If at any point somebody would like the recipe for a meal, please comment on this page or on the new Facebook page and I will gladly give that out. Along those lines, if anybody has a favorite recipe they think I should try, please let me know.

--------------------------------------

A few weeks ago, my wife and I made empanadas. This was definitely a learning as we go meal. A few notes to start off. We baked them, not fried. Also, we had no idea what we were doing. :-) All that aside, they actually came out pretty good.

Although, a little time consuming to make, I can't wait to take what we've learned making these and try again soon. The filling was very bold and delicious. The most prominent flavors came from the beef, eggs & green olives. Our crust was a little thick, but very flaky with a strong buttery flavor. My wife thought a little too buttery but if we don't make it as thick, it will probably be better.




The only thing that was really missing was a sauce of some sort. I had a somosa from an Indian restaurant near work that came with a thick plum curry sauce. Maybe I'll try something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment